Tuesday 17 February 2009

Reply to Too Much sex Josephine Daly



Some confessions were quite humorous, despite the moral implications. One person had the effrontery to claim that she had sex with her boyfriend’s dad! However, I could not help but think of the sad aspect of ‘tasting the fruits’ of sexual love with anybody who takes your fancy. How can these casual experiences compare with the all-encompassing, loving sex between two people committed to each other for life. Please don’t say I sound like Mary Whitehouse! I am doing my best not to moralise; indeed, ‘let he who is without sin cast the first stone’. We are equipped with a free will and a sense of right and wrong, however we interpret this in our uniqueness as individuals. Finally, variety is the spice of life, and sex, as wonderful as it can be, is only a very small ingredient. Josephine Daly



Hi Josephine,

I too am a mature student and have been married 17 years. I felt the opposite after the first session, I expected much worse confessions! I have felt a lot of guilt about my past but it is what has made me who I am I guess. I think we all have different feelings about sex. It can be boring for some after many years and requires committment and work, but is only a small part of a relationship. For young people though it is very important, as they are preparing for adulthood and their hormones are everywhere so I expect it has a different meaning. My old Nan used to say ' you can't put n old head on young shoulders' I think she meant that experience and wisdom come with age, you can't acquire it without going through the trials and tribulations of youth. God I sound old! I'm seeing it all with my teenage boys at the moment. I wouldn't want to be a teen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment